Are you preparing for a web API job interview? There are some questions you need to ask in order to be mentally prepared and confident. The article includes two questions and how to answer them.
Advance Web API Interview Questions
What is a Web API?
This is a framework that helps to create or develop HTTP services.
What is the importance of web-API?
- A web API is a service that provides us with data or information from a server. It is very significant for the following reasons:
- It is used to retrieve information from a database and to store information in a database.
- It is used to offer a website and client apps interface to access information.
- Supports various text formats like JSON, and XML etc.
- Uses low bandwidth for JSON or XML data etc., and then is considered best for devices with limited bandwidth like smartphones, etc.
- It is compatible with any type of browser and compatible with any type of device such as desktop, mobile, web, etc.
- Web API for UI / UX is applicable. This improves interest in the company’s products and services and improves website traffic.
What is rest?
REST is a short form for representation-state transfer. It is an architectural model used to exchange information in a distributed environment. With RESTt, there is something known as client and server, and data is exchanged between client and server on a distributed environment. Distributed-environment means client can be on .NET, Java, PHP etc. on every platform and server will be on every platform like .NET, Java, PHP etc. The REST architectural-pattern considers each service a resource. Customers can access resources using HTTP protocol routes such as & GET, PUT, POST, PATCH and DELETE.
List the main return-types supported in Web-API?
It has no specific data-type. It can return any type of information as needed by the business. There are numerous HTTP methods, including GET, PUT, POST, etc., which return information in various formats depending on the case in use.
What is the benefit of using Rest on Web-API?
REST is more significant and beneficial in Web-API for the following reasons:
- It’s easy to use and lightweight.
- This enables less information transfer between server and client.
- This gives more flexibility.
- It is considered best for use in mobile-apps as it transfers less information between server and client.
- It handles and controls different types of calls, returns different data formats.
- It uses simple HTTP-calls for inter-machine communication instead of using more complex options like CORBA, SOAP, COM + or RPC.
Which .NET-Framework version supports Web-API?
NET version 4.0 and above is supported by the Web API.
Can anyone come back from the web-API?
No., Does not return web-API views even if they redo data. APIController helps to return information. So, if one needs to return the view from the controller class, be sure to use or inherit the controller class.
Which open source library is used for web API JSON-serialization?
The JSON Serialization Web API uses the Json.NET library
What is soap?
This is an XML-message format used in web-service interaction. This enables sending messages over JMS or HTTP. Although other transport protocols are used. It is also an XML-based messaging protocol for exchanging data between computers.
What is a web-API filter?
Web-API Framework Filters are used to add additional logic to different levels of request-processing. The different types of web-API filters include:
- Authorization filter: It handles filter authentication. It runs before the controller-action. Filters are used to check if the client is authenticated. If the client is not authenticated, he demands action by deducting HTTP status code-401.
- Authentication filter: This filter handles authentication and validates HTTP-requests. It helps to validate client details. It looks at the user’s identity.
- Override the filter: Used to exclude specific action controllers or methods in a controller level filter or global filter. It is used to improve the behavior of different filters for single-action methods.
- AuthorizeAttribute: This is a built-in authorization filter offered by Web-API.
- Exception filter: It is used to handle exceptions handled in Web-API. Each time it is used the controller makes an exception which is not HttpResponseException. It implements the “IExceptionFilter” platform.
- Action filter: This is a property that can be applied to the entire controller or controller action. It is used to add additional arguments after or before the control action is executed. This is one way to add extra functionality to web-API services.
What are HTTP-status codes?
This is a 3-digit integer that represents the first digit response class of the status-code. The response-header of all API responses is HTTP …