West Bengal’s TMC MP Nusrat Jahan is in news after shocking revelations about her marriage to businessman Nikhil Jain, which has left her fans shocked.
On Wednesday, Nusrat had said that her marriage with Nikhil was never valid in India so there is no question of divorce. The actor-turned-politician released a statement saying that inter-religious marriages in India require recognition under the Special Marriage Act, which never happened in her case.
After her statement, now her estranged husband Nikhil has also issued a statement and clarified on his behalf.
Read his full statement here.
“Disappointed by the recent allegations against me and my family, it has become imperative for me to disclose certain facts about my married life:
- Out of love, I proposed to Nusrat to marry, which she gladly accepted and we went for a destination marriage in June 2019 in Bodrum, Turkey followed by a reception in Kolkata.
- We lived together as husband and wife and introduced ourselves as a married couple in the society. I devoted all my time and resources to being a loyal and responsible husband. Friends, family and people close to us know everything about what I did for him. My unconditional support for him is undeniable. However, in a very short span of time he changed his attitude towards married life with me.
- While shooting for a film from August 2020 onwards, my wife’s behavior towards me began to change, which she knew best.
- During my stay with us, I requested her to register the marriage on several occasions but she turned down my requests.
- On November 5, 2020 she left my flat with her personal valuables, bags and luggage along with papers and documents and shifted to her Ballygunge flat, and after that we never lived together as husband and wife . The rest of his personal belongings were also sent to him along with documents (IT returns etc.)
- I got disheartened and felt cheated by the various media reports about his outings. Finally on March 8, 2021, we were forced to file a civil suit against her in the Alipore judges’ court to annul our marriage.
- Since the matter is pending in the court, I refrained from making any statement regarding my personal life and even today I am unable to divulge in detail about the discord. But his recent statements compelled me to disclose some facts.
- After marriage, to relieve her of the heavy home loan interest burden, I ended it by transferring money from my family accounts to her account, understanding that she would soon return the money in installments and as and when. Had done it. are available. Any money transfer made by him from his account to my family’s account was a repayment of a loan which I had given in good faith. There is still a huge amount to be paid. The allegations leveled by him are all baseless and defamatory and devoid of truth. One does not need to find or create proof, proof is always there, my bank details and credit card details are sufficient proof. My family has given her as a daughter with both hands, don’t know this day we will see.
- In these circumstances, I request the media to refrain from making any kind of comments considering the issue of personal life and the subjudice matter.
Nikhil Jain. June 10, 2021.”
For the unversed, Nusrat Jahan tied the knot with Nikhil Jain in Turkey in 2019. They got married a few weeks after making their political debut in the Lok Sabha elections 2019. Nusrat later hosted a reception in Kolkata which was attended by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Original Article Read at www.dnaindia.com