E Shramik Card Registration News: The government of India has launched a national database for unorganized workers for the overall welfare of billions of unorganized workers in the country. The Modi government has developed an e-labor portal, on which bidding will be done from their Aadhar card.
More than 38 crore unorganized workers (UWs) in the country will be registered under one portal. The registration under the e-labor portal is completely free and the workers do not have to pay anything for its registration at the Common Service Center (CSC) or regional offices of the state government. There is no income criteria for registration as an unorganized worker on ASHRAM. However, he should not be an income taxpayer.
They can directly register through the e-SHRAM portal eshram.gov.in. Bank details are being forfeited to release the benefits of social security schemes or any benefit of the Central/State Government directly into the account of the workers. No deduction will be made from the bank account of the workers after registration.
Criteria for worker card registration
- There are no income criteria for registration on e-shram as unorganized workers. However, one should not be an income tax payer.
- Any labor who is unorganized and between 16-59 is eligible for registration on e-labor portal.
- Workers will require documents like Aadhar Number, Mobile Number, Aadhar Linked Bank Account for registration on e-Labour Portal. It may be noted that if a worker does not have an Aadhaar linked mobile number, he/she can visit the nearest CSC and register through biometric verification.
- After registration on the portal, workers will get accident insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh under PMSBY. In future, all social security benefits for the unorganized workers will be provided through this portal. In situations like emergencies and national pandemics, this database can be used to provide necessary support to eligible unorganized workers.
- An unorganized worker can register himself / herself by visiting the e-labor portal or by visiting the nearest CSC. It may be noted that registration on the e-labor portal is free. Workers are not required to pay any fees to any registration unit.
So far, more than 21.1 lakh unorganized sector workers have been registered on the e-labor portal. It will be easier for all registered workers to avail the benefits of government schemes, ”the Labor Ministry tweeted.
After registration, workers will be given an e-Labor card with a unique Universal Account Number (UAN) and will be able to avail various social security schemes anytime, anywhere through this card.
It will include details like name, occupation, address, educational qualifications, type of skills, and family details so that they can get employment and benefit from social security schemes. It is the first national database of unorganized workers, including migrant workers, construction workers, gig and platform workers, and others.
Worker Labor Card Registration Process
To register for the e-Shram Portal, log on to the official website eshram.gov.in.
Click on the ‘Register on e-Labor’ link on the main page.
Enter the Aadhaar linked mobile number and captcha code and click on Send OTP.
Follow the instructions below to complete the registration process.
Please note that if a worker does not have an Aadhaar linked mobile number, he/she can visit the nearest CSC and register through biometric verification.
For registration on the e-labor portal, workers should have an Aadhaar number, a mobile number linked to Aadhaar and bank account number.