New Delhi: The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) began crediting interest to a Provident Fund account of over Rs 2.5 billion earlier this month. The Retirement Fund Organization maintained the interest rate on its Provident Fund (PF) account investment for the 2020-21 fiscal year (FY21) unchanged at 8.5%.
PF account owners can check their balance by sending an SMS, Umang app, EPFO website or sending a missed call.
* Send the text message “EPFO HOUANENG” to 7738299899.
* The last three digits of the message indicate the preferred language (for example, ENG-English-in the above case).
* The service is available in nine languages: Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Punjabi, Telugu and Malayalam.
* The mobile phone number must be registered with UAN (Universal Account Number).
Subscribers can also make missed calls to 011-22901406 from the mobile phone number registered in UAN. Then you will receive an SMS with the same number with your account balance details.
After downloading the app, subscribers can enter their UAN and OTP (one-time password) to log in and check their PF account balance.
* Select the “Our Services” tab on the official EPFO website.
* Click For Employees.
* Select “Membership Passbook” and enter your UAN and password to check your balance.
Subscribers employed by multiple organizations need to verify different member IDs.