Facebook feeds can sometimes become overwhelming, leading many to consider quitting the platform altogether. However, you may still want to stay in touch with friends who use Facebook Messenger. If you’re wondering how to deactivate your Facebook account while keeping access to Messenger, follow these steps:
Deactivate Your Facebook Account
- Open Facebook’s deactivate account page.
- Scroll past the photos of people who will miss you and go to the bottom.
- Find the option that allows you to continue using Facebook Messenger even if you deactivate your account. Ensure this option is unchecked.
- Scroll down and hit “Deactivate.”
- Your Facebook account will now be deactivated, and all your data will remain safe until you decide to log in again.
Access Facebook Messenger
- Open Facebook Messenger on your smartphone or log in via the website on your PC. Your previous Facebook credentials will still work for Messenger.
- You’ll find that you can continue chatting with all your friends on Messenger.
- By following these steps, you can effectively quit Facebook without losing any of your data and continue to keep in touch with your friends through Messenger.
It’s important to note that if you’ve deactivated your Facebook account and use Messenger, it does not reactivate your Facebook account. Your friends will only be able to contact you via the Messenger app or the chat window in Facebook.
If you’re new to Facebook and just want to use Messenger, you can follow these steps:
Download Facebook Messenger
Download the Facebook Messenger app on iOS, Android, or Windows Phone.
Set Up Messenger:
- Open the app and enter your phone number.
- Tap “Continue.”
- You’ll receive a confirmation code via SMS to verify your phone number.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you can enter the phone numbers of your friends and start messaging them through Messenger, even if you don’t have a Facebook account.