India is a melting pot of varied religions and cultures, which gives us the advantage of trying different cuisines, originating from the various regions of the country. Rajasthani cuisine is one such cuisine, which is loved across the nation. Rich, extensive and extremely flavourful,, Rajasthani delicacies gives a whole new experience to our taste buds and fills our heart with the joy. Rajasthani food is particularly famous for its sweet treats. We have all gorged on the quintessential Balushahi, churma ladoo, malpua and loved them to the core.
If you also love Rajasthani desserts or have been wanting to try them for a long time, here we bring you a surprise. Chef Kunal Kapur has shared a recipe in which you can prepare ghevar in three ways- Plain Ghevar, Rabri Ghevar, Custard Cream. In the caption, he mentioned, ” Monsoon special Ghevar toh banta hai banana. Try this monsoon special recipe!” Let’s get started with the recipe now.
Also Read: 9 Mouthwatering Rajasthani Desserts We Bet You Would Love to Devour!
For Ghevar batter
- Desi Ghee – 63gm
- Water – 1100ml
- Maida – 250gm
- Oil/Desi Ghee – for frying upto 1.5L
- Ice – few
- For Sugar Syrup-
- Sugar – 2cups
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1lt
- Sugar – 2tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
For Custard Cream
- Custard powder (vanilla) – 5 tbsp
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 1lt
- Butter (salted) – 1tbsp
- Whipped Cream – 2cups
- Piping bag – 1no
- Pistachios Chopped – a handful
- Almonds Chopped – a handful
- Cashew Nuts Chopped – a handful
- Mango diced – 1/2 cup
- Berries – 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves – few
Steps To Make Ghevar
- Heat Ghee in a heavy bottom pan and cool by adding ice, by this all the impurities are left behind and pure ghee gets accumulated on the surface.
- Massage the ghee nicely till it is smooth and start incorporating the flour and water slowly till you get batter.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan ,place a circular mold and start pouring the batter in the centre, fry till it is golden brown.
- Once the ghevar is fried, take it out by using a wooden stick.
- Pour sugar syrup and sprinkle chopped dry fruits on the top
- Now top the ghevar with rabri or custard cream.. Sprinkle some chopped dry fruits and enjoy!
Take a look at the recipe video:
Try it at home and share the treat with your family as well.