Have you linked your Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhar Card? If not, you need to do it as soon as the deadline is March 31, 2022. If you miss the deadline, you will have to face the consequences. Failure to link the documents within the stipulated time will result in invalidation of your PAN card and you will be charged Rs. Will also have to pay. 1,000 for PAN base linking. In addition, if you submit an invalid PAN card for official use, under Section 272N of the Income-tax Act, 1961, the Assessing Officer will charge you Rs. May direct payment of penalty amount. 10,000. To avoid such a situation, you can visit the official website of the Income Tax Department and link PAN and Aadhaar online.
Both PAN and Aadhaar are very important documents that every person should have. These documents are required for official work. However, if you do not know if your PAN is linked to your Aadhar card, you can also check it from the official website of the Income Tax Department. Want to know how? Here are some simple steps you can follow to link your PAN to Aadhaar:
Link to PAN Online Support: Steps explained
1. Open Incometax e-filing portal or click on the link – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/.
2. Register on it (if not done before). Your PAN will be your user ID.
3. Log in with your username, password and date of birth.
4. A pop up window will appear asking you to link your PAN to Aadhaar. If not, go to ‘Profile Settings’ on the menu bar and click on ‘Link Support’.
5. Details like name, date of birth and gender will be mentioned in advance as per PAN details.
6. Verify the PAN details mentioned on your basis on the screen. It may be noted that if something doesn’t match, you need to correct it in any documentation.
7. If the details match, enter your Aadhaar number and click on the “Link Now” button.
8. A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar has been successfully linked to your PAN.
9. You can also visit https://www.utiitsl.com/ or https://www.egov-nsdl.co.in/ to link your PAN and Aadhaar.