IN THIS ARTICLE
Chief Minister Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan:- ‘Lakhpati Baideo’ scheme introduced by Assam for 40 lakh women entrepreneurs. The scheme aims to enable 40 lakh women to achieve an annual income of ₹1 lakh by providing them with ₹35,000. This pattern is also known as “Lakhpati Baideo Project” Read the article below to know more about the Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan. ,
Assam Chief Minister Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan 2024
The ‘Lakhpati Baideo’ scheme, unveiled by the Assam government on Thursday, enables 40 lakh members of self-help groups (SHGs) to become micro-entrepreneurs in rural areas. The Chief Minister unveiled the initiative highlighting the objective of providing workers with the possibility of achieving an annual salary of ₹1 lakh through the program.
Mukhya Mantri Atmanirbhar Asom
Assam Lakhpati Baideo Program Details in highlights
|Chief Minister Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan
|Government of Assam
|Financial assistance provided
|40 million women
Assam Orunodoi Program
Objective of Chief Minister Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan
The Chief Minister of Assam announced the Lakhpati Baideo Program initiative. This ambitious project aims to enable women workers to earn an annual income of ₹1 lakh. It will provide financial assistance of ₹35,000 to 40 lakh women. The government proudly unveiled the new scheme which will help 40 lakh women and the government hopes that it will fulfill the Prime Minister’s vision of building two crore ‘Lakhpati didis’.
Features and benefits of Lakhpati Baideo Program
Here are the features of Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan.
- Implemented at an estimated cost of ₹4,000 crore, the ‘Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan’ will provide each SHG worker ₹10,000 in the first year, including ₹12,500 from the government.
- An additional bank loan of ₹12,500 (total 25,000) will be provided over the next two years.
- To receive the money, recipients must submit a business plan.
- Moreover, the welfare program will be part of Assam’s population control initiatives.
- All social programs will be linked to population control measures in favor of mothers and sisters.
Eligibility Criteria Chief Minister Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan
Women must meet three conditions before they can benefit from the program.
- Beneficiaries from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes should not have more than four children. While those in the general and OBC categories should not have more than three children.
- The girl’s SHG member must enroll her in school, and if she is too young, she must sign a pledge to do so.
- The third requirement is that beneficiaries of the Amrit Brikshya Movement there must be trees still standing.
Implementation process for Lakhpati Baideo Program
Recipients must submit a detailed government-approved business plan to be eligible for the grant. The government highlighted the benefits of the scheme, which include an upfront payment of Rs 10,000 to each qualified member in the first year of the initiative. After this, the beneficiaries will receive Rs 25,000 over the next two years, of which Rs 12,500 will come from the government and the remaining amount will come from a bank.
Assam Swanirbhar Naari Program
Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan Application Process
To apply for the program, caution must follow the stated application process.
- No online application has yet been mentioned by the government.
- The application forms will be available in offline mode through the nearest Panchayat office.
- The forms will be available for free and the forms will also be available on specific dates only.
- No status photos of the form will be accepted.
- Enter the details to fill in the application form.
- Attach the required documents to the application form.
- Now submit the application form along with attached documents to the concerned department of the panchayat office.
Check district-wise list of beneficiaries
One of the conditions for eligibility of beneficiaries is the capping of the number of children based on caste. Individuals from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes should not have more than four children, while those from the general and OBC categories are restricted to having no more than three.
The implementation of the ‘Lakhpati Baideo’ scheme by the Assam government, led by Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, is an important step towards empowering women members of SHGs. The objective of this innovative project is to provide women entrepreneurs with financial support of between Rs 35,000 and Rs 40 lakh.
There is no age limit for Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyamita Abhiyan.