On November 21, 2023, the online form to apply for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme was made available for the 2024-25 academic year; the deadline to apply online is January 31, 2024.
NSFAS Application 2024
NSFAS was established by the South African government to support eligible students in pursuing higher education. The Federal Government of South Africa launched this initiative to support learners who need a scholarship to pay for their post-secondary education.
Any prospective student wishing to enroll in a TVET or college in South Africa must complete the NSFAS electronic application form, which is now live.
Students should ensure that the necessary documentation is prepared and uploaded via the myNSFAS student network as soon as it is available to complete the application process via the Internet.
- Holiday stimulus checks
- Increase in the child tax credit in the United States
- Payment dates for Alberta Works
- American Rescue Plan stimulus checks
- Texas TRS Payment Schedule
Eligibility Criteria for NSFAS 2024
To apply for NSFAS 2024, you must meet the following requirements:
- Each SASSA beneficiary must have a personal email connection and mobile phone number.
- hold a valid identity document and be a South African citizen.
- Enroll in TVET or university for the first semester as an undergraduate.
- Annual household income is limited to R350,000.
- You must meet academic standards to be accepted into a university or TVET institution.
- Annual living expenses for people with disabilities should not exceed R600,000.
Documents required for the NSFAS 2023 application form
The following support documents must be submitted by anyone applying to apply online for NSFAS 2024:
- A copy of your birth certificate, your student card and your parent(s) or guardian(s) ID
- Smart card, both sides of the card must be present
- Proof of income, if applicable
- People with disabilities (Appendix A disability form)
- If the Child and Families Welfare and Development Agency determines that a potential applicant is a child at risk, they must submit a child at risk confession form completed by a social worker.
- The privacy statement must be completed by the applicant if they have declared that they have no parents with information or an abbreviated birth certificate.
NSFAS Allocations 2024
Each amount listed for housing, stipend, transportation, and educational materials must meet the most current authorized DHET requirements.
Allowances for university students:
- By the actual expenses assessed by the establishment (private accommodation costs cannot be higher than those linked to life on campus).
- Transportation (from facility up to 40 kilometers) R7 500 per year
- Living allowance of R15,000 per year
- Annual book allowances of R5,200
- Annual allowance of R2900 for incidental/personal care for students living in catered accommodation
NSFAS contribution from the TVET College:
- The annual cost of housing in an urban area is R24,000.
- The annual cost of accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900.
- The annual cost of housing in rural areas is R15,750.
- Transportation (from facility up to 40 kilometers) R7 350 per year
- Transportation R7,000 per year
- Annual reimbursement of incidental/personal expenses of R2,900
NSFAS Application Status 2024
Your academic application file and certified supporting documents will be reviewed by NSFAS. You need to check the status of your NSFAS application to know whether your application has been accepted or rejected.
To find out the current status of your NSFAS application for 2024, complete the following actions:
- Visit the official website at https://my.nsfas.org.za
- Enter your password and ID number to log in.
- Then you select the “Login” option.
- To view the status of your NSFAS 2024 application, click ‘Track funding progress’.
Once you check the status of your application, you can see the following:
- The application received on NSFAS has acknowledged receipt of your application.
- Your funding application has been accepted by NSFAS.
- Unfortunately, they were unable to process your request.
- The application you submitted is still being processed by NSFAS.
How to apply for NSFAS 2024?
Applying online for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) for 2024 is simple, quick and accurate. follow the procedures below to apply for NSFAS Online 2024:
- Apply online at www.nsfas.org.za by 2024 by visiting the NSFAS website.
- Choose “myNSFAS” from the menu at the top right of the page.
- Apply now by logging in with your ID number and password.
- Create a “myNSFAS account” in case you don’t have one.
- It will be easier for you to apply if you know your student number.
- Once you choose the APPLY tab, fill in the spaces on the screen.
- Download any additional required files.
- Next, click the Submit button to send your application for review.
You can submit an NSFAS appeal if your NSFAS application is rejected. You will receive a justification for the refusal of your financing request.
Visit the Bscnursing homepage for relevant content.