Steve Bruce seems to be set up to take charge of the first game in Newcastle under the new Saudi Arabian owner.© AFP
Steve Bruce appears to be set to take charge of Newcastle’s first game under a new Saudi owner, despite reports that Sunday’s Premier League will be fired before clashing with Tottenham. .. The £ 305m ($ 418m) acquisition completed last week ended 14 years of reign of the very unpopular sportswear tycoon Mike Ashley. Bruce said he wanted to continue with the Newcastle hotseat, but he said former Chelsea boss Frank Lampard and former Borussia Dortmund manager Lucien Favre would be replaced by bookmakers’ favorite jobs. Admitted.
However, the club issued an operational notice on Thursday stating that former Manchester United defenders would attend a media briefing on Friday.
Newcastle heads to the second Sunday match from the bottom of the Premier League without winning the first seven matches.
The acquisition was rubber stamped by the Premier League after receiving a legally binding guarantee that the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund, which holds an 80% stake in the club, is not acting on behalf of the Kingdom Government.
That is despite the fact that Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman is the chair of the PIF Board of Directors.
Topics mentioned in this article