A second man was arrested in connection with a sexual assault in Cheshire following an investigation by Manchester City soccer player Benjamin Mendy, according to Cheshire police.
The military said on Saturday that a 40-year-old man was arrested and released on bail earlier this week on suspicion of rape.
In a statement, the Cheshire Constabulary said: “We can confirm that we have arrested a second 40-year-old man in connection with an ongoing investigation of sexual crimes at his Cheshire address.
Mendy was charged with four rapes and one sexual assault in the Magistrates’ Court in Chester on Friday.
The three suspected rape attacks occurred between October 2020 and August 2021, and women are said to have been sexually assaulted in early January this year.
He has also been charged with raping a woman earlier this month.
The alleged crime is associated with three different women, including a woman under the age of 18.
Mendy was detained at the HMP Alto Course in Liverpool until his next court appearance at Chester Crown Court on September 10.
The left back has been playing in Manchester City since joining Monaco for £ 52m in 2017.
He was suspended by the club while waiting for an investigation after being charged by police.