Shooter Games: Among the variety of video games on Game Karma, one of the most popular genres is shooters. This is evidenced by at least a huge number of such games, and it is constantly increasing. What is the phenomenon of shooting, which replaced the children’s yard games? We need to talk about this in more detail.
The Reasons for the Demand for Shooters
Like most games, a shooter is a challenge for the player. It always requires some active motion and does not give a second to rest. The player must be very attentive, focused, and able to react quickly to events that occur on the screen. Success depends on this direction. But why do so many boys and men prefer this genre? The following reasons can be identified:
- The user must immediately make a decision that accustoms the person to the same thing in real life. This need gives the player a sense of self-importance and responsibility because it is sometimes nice to feel that you are in control of events.
- Means of progress in the shooting are different types of weapons. The player who virtually holds it feels like a real hero, a participant in an important event, such as a large-scale battle.
- The spirit of rivalry. The need to compete is inherent in us genetically. It can be formed as follows: one who competes and wins survives. Shooters are an innocent way to fight and defeat the enemy.
- Playing such games is quite simple, and you can even do it online, so you do not need to buy, download, or install anything. That’s why they have more and more fans. You just have to get used to the rules of hero control.
- Shooters are often another painted world to enjoy. You can be underground, in space, or in the age of dinosaurs and destroy enemies.
- Such entertainment allows you to distract from what worries a person; all the real problems during the game are forgotten. The gameplay allows you to get vivid emotions, which are often lacking in reality.
- Games allow you to choose the character you like and enjoy a great arsenal. You may also like original storylines or great visuals. That is, this genre has something to surprise and captivate the user.
In addition to such leisure, shooters have a second, useful side — they affect our brain as well as motility and reaction.
The Benefits of Shooters for the Human Brain
Have you ever considered that when you play a shooter, it benefits you? A team of scientists from the United States, Switzerland, and China has found that this is the case. When a person plays with a shooter, their brain trains in the same way as an athlete’s body during exercise.
The player develops memory, attentiveness, speed of reaction, and accuracy in watching the object. The results of the study were recorded in the journal Communications Biology.
The experiment consisted of dividing 25 people into two groups. One group played an action game for 45 hours, while the other played a quiet one. Before and after the test, participants took several tests for memory and visual perception. It turned out that those who played shooters got the best test results in the end.
Shooters are completed, developers create dynamic plots, make graphics realistic, and for fans of old games, create pixel variations. The popularity of shooters due to modern technology and the human need to distract from real problems is natural. The availability of this genre in the online format allows everyone to be a brave warrior at any time for free.