- 1 Includes Pathum Nissanka, Akila Dananjaya, Lahiru Kumara and Binura Fernando.
- 1.1 AlsoRead
- 1.2 VVS Laxman to join NCA as head on December 13, will travel with India U-19s for World Cup
- 1.3 Virat Kohli, Rahul Dravid, Mohammed Siraj congratulate Ajaz Patel for 10-fer
- 1.4 Shakib Al Hasan selected for New Zealand tour despite not wanting to travel
- 1.5 BCCI approves five-day women Tests
- 1.6 England’s Eileen Ash, oldest living Test cricketer, passes away at 110
- 1.7 FairPlay associates with Lanka Premier League as powered by sponsor
Includes Pathum Nissanka, Akila Dananjaya, Lahiru Kumara and Binura Fernando.
Prior to the 2021 T20 World Cup Sri Lanka Announced a new jersey on October 11th. The jersey wears a unique look with an abstract design, a mixture of blue and yellow traditional Sri Lankan jersey colors with a touch of orange, indigo and black.
The team also nominated a team of the last 15 members of a multi-team tournament starting October 17 in the United Arab Emirates and Oman.
Sri Lanka made four changes earlier last month to its original 19-member team named Pathum Nissanka, Akila Dananjaya, Lahiru Kumara and Binura Fernando. On the other hand, Kamindu Mendis, Nuwan Pradeep, Praveen Jayawickrama, Minod Bhanuka, Ashen Bandara, Lakshan Sandakan and Ramesh Mendis were excluded.
Of these, both Pradeep and Madushanka were injured and management was urged to nominate Kumara and Vinula as their similar alternatives, but Nissanka 5 additions named by SLC This is the only player on October 1st to find a place in the final team.
The trio of Niroshan Dickwella, Kusal Mendis and Danushka Gunathilaka have been convicted and sentenced to a one-year ban. Durham bio bubble violationStaying off the team, Abishka Fernando, Charis Asaranka, Banuka Rajapaksa, Chamika Carnaratone, Wanindu Hasalanga, Dushmansa Chameela have recently had decent nicknames.
Both Hasalanga and Chamira, who were part of the Royal Challengers Bangalore at the ongoing IPL Freed from the IPL bubble Group with the Sri Lankan team for qualifying.
Sri Lanka, who defeated Oman 2-0 in the recent T20I series in preparation for the World Cup, will launch a campaign against Namibia in Abu Dhabi on October 18. They are grouped with Ireland and the Netherlands facing October 20th and 22nd, respectively. Super12 will start on October 23, 2021.
T20 World Cup 2021 Sri Lankan Squad: Dasun Shanaka (c), Kusal Perera, Dinesh Chandimal, Dhananjaya De Silva (vc), Pathum Nissanka, Charith Asalanka, Avishka Fernando, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Chamica Karunaratne, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dushmantha Chameera, Lahiru Kumara, Mahie